Date: AUGUST 15, 2015; 11AM - 4PM
Place: Nature Center/Ski Lodge at Massanutten Resort
Address: 4047 Massanutten Dr, McGaheysville, VA 2284
Cost: $10 for lunch.
RSVP: In order to ensure there will be enough food for everyone, we REQUIRE that VFA members RSVP and
include the number of guests in their party. Please contact Ken Molidor : firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. If
members or guests wish to attend but not purchase lunch, they are welcome to bring their own picnic. Please
confirm RSVP by AUGUST 7th, 2015.
11AM - Guests arrive
12PM - Lunch! Lunch will be catered by Hank's Smokehouse and will include pulled pork BBQ chicken, two sides,
and a dessert.
1:30PM - Membership Meeting and Fundraising Auction. Art and Equipment will be displays during the afternoon
From all other points see www.massresort.com
- Follow I-81S or 1-81N to Harrisonburg and take Exit 247A.
- Follow Route 33 East for approx. 12 miles to Route 644 (Resort Drive).
- Take left at stoplight and Exxon Station Rt. 644 (Resort Drive).
- Follow Rt. 644 (Resort Drive) for approx. 1.6 miles to Massanutten Drive.
- Make a left onto Massanutten Drive. You will need to be in the "Guest" lane and STOP at the guard gate to tell them your destination is the Ski Lodge.
- Follow Massanutten Drive for 2.4 miles
- You will see the entrance to the Ski Lodge Activities Guest Parking lot on your left. Park here.
- Look for the walkway to the Nature Center/ Ski Lodge at the end of the parking lot
Some special notes
- FOR YOUR BIRDS: There is a grassy area with shade trees and a stream for setting up perches for hawks.
- FALCONRY DOGS: Falconry dogs are welcome on leash in the outdoor areas.
- MORE INFO: The Nature Center at Massanutten will have an indoor, air conditioned area as well as an outdoor, covered deck for eating and the auction.There are chairs indoors but bring a camp chair for hanging out outside if you have one.
- FORGET SOMETHING?: There is a general store within a short walking distance for any necessities.
- Please bring camping chairs for sitting outside.